PUBLIC SERVICE LOAN FORGIVENESS
Marion County is a qualifying public employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program, full-time employees working at the County may qualify for forgiveness of the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan. Questions about your loan eligibility should be directed to your loan servicer or the US Department of Education.
Applicants are eligible to use Veterans’ Preference when applying with Marion County in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230, and 408.235 and OAR 105-040-0010 and 105-040-0015. Preference will be awarded only if the applicant meets the minimum requirements of the position and attaches the required documentation at the time of application.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VETERANS’ PREFERENCE
- One of the following:
- MEMBER COPY 4 of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215); OR
- Letter from the US Department of Veterans Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension; OR
- Certification that discharge or release from active duty under honorable conditions will take place not later than 120 days after the submission of the certificate.
- In addition to one of the above documents, Disabled Veterans must also submit one of the following:
- A copy of their Veterans disability preference letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs; OR
- Certification that medical separation from active duty under honorable conditions will take place not later than 120 days after the submission of the certificate.
You can request copies of your military service record through the National Archives website at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/
Marion County is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Veteran and Disability employer committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.