Contact Center Specialist or Officer
Maps Credit Union seeks a Contact Center Specialist or Officer to provide exceptional service and information to members regarding Credit Union products or services, member transactions, and account inquiries. (The following represents the Contact Center Specialist job description. Note that the Contact Center Officer position will entail additional responsibilities.)
Key Responsibilities include:
1. In a call center environment, provide service to personal or business members by providing counseling or performing maintenance on the following types of accounts or services: savings, checking, certificate and loan accounts, online banking, debit cards, direct deposit, and automatic transfers. Provide information on current promotions.
2. Assist in transactions and inquiries on accounts via member-initiated phone calls with efficiency and accuracy. Answer member questions and solve problems regarding accounts and statements.
3. Further enhance member relationships by assessing member needs and recommending additional products and services. Explain features and advantages of accounts or services to promote sales.
4. Assist members by opening and maintaining IRA accounts. Process IRA deposits and withdrawals within established guidelines and regulations.
5. Interview loan applications by telephone, gathering required information for credit applications. Explain loan options, rates, terms, and collateral requirements. Provide general and specific loan-related information, payoff figures and bluebook values to members.
6. Perform basic customer service functions with regard to wireless services, including but not limited to: Billing account changes, provisioning new customers on the network, diagnosing service issues, billing questions and disputes. Assist FSR's as necessary in performing same duties.
7. Provide loan information and conduct loan interviews with potential applications to analyze loan needs. Explain loan options, rates, and terms.
8. Maintain confidentiality and protect credit union operations by keeping member and/or credit union information secure at all times.
9. Maintain credit union workflow by cooperating with co-workers and providing necessary information to the appropriate people.
10. Enhance job performance by applying up-to-date professional and technical knowledge gained by attending training sessions and reviewing professional publications.
11. Participate in committee and team projects outside the branch as assigned by direct manager.
12. Continuously strive to meet organizational objectives through personal and department goals.
13. Maintain operations by staying informed of and following policies and procedures; report needed changes.
14. Follow regulatory and policy compliance requirements, which include those efforts in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations, Identity Theft Red Flags and other compliance-related policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, over the phone, and via computer or other electronic means.
2. Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information, and respond to questions from managers, members, and the general public. Skill and ability to meet people and listen.
3. Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good-time management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
4. Accurate typing/keyboarding skills; basic computer skills, including the use of word processing software applications and e-mail.
5. Strong organizational skills.
6. Ability to remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in the work environment.
7. Ability to cross-sell Credit Union services effectively and accurately.
8. Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
9. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
10. Ability to work with co-workers and members professionally and tactfully.
11. Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy.
12. Exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Successful completion of high school-level mathematics in order to calculate figures and amounts.
3. Successful completion of high school-level English grammar in order to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with co-workers and members.
4. Minimum 2-4 years experience in customer service, including direct and indirect selling roles, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
5. Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred but not required.
6. Minimum one year in the financial industry; lending exposure is preferred.
7. Previous call center experience is preferred.
8. Prior experience in a wireless company call center is preferred.
9. Must maintain a current Oregon Resident Agent License for credit protection products (Credit Union will assist employee with obtaining this license).
10. Requires availability to work Monday – Saturday hours.
11. This position requires the availability to work remotely in extenuating circumstances (inclement weather, etc.)
12. Must be bondable.
Starting Pay Range is $17.94 - $28.42 per hour, depending on experience.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM. Rotating Saturdays, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM (40 hours per week.) This position is eligible for hybrid work after one year of being on-site (2 days in the office and 3 days remote per week.) It is not 100% remote.
To show our appreciation to employees, we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Student loan paydown program
- Employee loan discount program
- Wellness incentives
Why employees are proud to work here:
- We offer paid volunteer time
- We provide financial education for youth and adults
- We provide grants to teachers in the valley
- We offer scholarships for local high school seniors headed to college
Located in the heart of the beautiful Willamette Valley, Oregon, Maps Credit Union offers a wide variety of services to over 76,000 members. More than anything else, we believe in lifelong learning—not only about money and finances but in all areas of life. Our focus on lifelong learning is a result of our proud history as an educators’ credit union, dating back to our start in 1935. We passionately believe that the best way to navigate life’s great adventure is to do it together.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.