Commercial Insurance Account Manager (hybrid) - Maps Insurance Services
Maps Insurance Services, a subsidiary of Maps Credit Union, seeks an energetic and experienced Commercial Insurance Account Manager to help our business grow in a competitive market through value-based conversations and remarkable customer experience. This position requires a Property and Casualty License and provides full-service book management, including renewal remarketing, maintaining book persistency and rounding accounts. A hybrid work schedule is available!
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Effective management of commercial lines accounts, remarketing and renewing accounts.
- Select insurers for submission to clients; negotiate and follow up on quotes and complete coverage analysis.
- Service and oversee servicing of commercial accounts via marketing, claims and administration.
- Work with producers to market prospects and renew accounts.
- Suggest potential enhancements or improvements to processes and policies.
- Maintain and build strong carrier relationships.
- Review open claims.
- Bind and invoice programs with carriers, work with clients and facilitate premium financing.
- Develop and present renewal proposals to insured with detailed year-over-year comparisons of all program elements.
- Follow up on policies/forms/endorsements/audit issuance and accuracy.
- Ensure premium payments to insurers.
The ideal candidate will:
- Deliver unexpected client results and take personal accountability.
- Listen to others. Concise and articulate verbal and written skills.
- Think strategically and make thoughtful decisions.
- Work collaboratively in a team and proactively share information with colleagues.
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of two years of experience in commercial insurance account management.
- Property and Casualty License required.
Non-Exempt Pay Range: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour, plus agency profit share incentives.
Schedule is Monday – Friday. This position is eligible for hybrid work if desired (2 days in the office and 3 days remote per week). It is not 100% remote.
To show our appreciation to employees, we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Student loan paydown program
- Employee loan discount program
- Wellness incentives
Why employees are proud to work here:
- We offer paid volunteer time
- We provide financial education for youth and adults
- We provide grants to teachers in the valley
- We offer scholarships for local high school seniors headed to college
Maps Insurance Services is an independent agency owned by Maps Credit Union. We offer personal and commercial insurance to credit union members, non-members and clients all over the Pacific Northwest. As the premier independent insurance agency in Salem, Oregon, we provide broker services, offering quotes and underwriting policies with nearly a dozen regional and national carriers. In partnership with the credit union, we have a consistent flow of relationship-based referrals and a fun and collaborative environment where the insurance team works together to provide exceptional service and shops the market to find the ideal coverage and price for our clients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.