Armored Service Technician - Evergreen Armored
Evergreen Armored, a subsidiary company of Maps Credit Union, seeks an Armored Service Technician to provide efficient, timely, and accurate transport of currency and other valuables on behalf of Credit Unions and Financial Institutions. This position primarily operates a service vehicle for daily route operations.
- Ensure custody, control, and security of shipment cargo at all times.
- Receive, verify, document, and account for shipment cargo.
- Accurately prepare and process shipment transactions, including but not limited to Federal Reserve shipments and customer accounts per policy and procedures.
- Responsible for distribution and receipts of money bags, receipts, and route keys.
- Maintenance of all records in an organized, detailed manner.
- Accurately able to process bulk cash inventory and change orders.
- Ensure that all shipments are transported and completed correctly.
- Perform accurate check-in and check-out during daily route operations.
- Perform operational tasks with an increased level of authority, including maintaining the cash and coin vaults, and opening and closing the facility.
- Maintain operational knowledge by staying informed of policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Security and Compliance
- Follow regulatory and policy compliance requirements, which include those efforts in compliance with the Federal Reserve Bank, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations, Identity Theft Red Flags, and other compliance-related policies.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect Evergreen operations by keeping negotiable instruments, cash, keys, and customer and/or Financial Institutions' information secure at all times.
Professional Knowledge and Development
- Maintain workflow by cooperating with co-workers and providing necessary information to the appropriate people.
- Enhance job performance by applying up-to-date professional and technical knowledge gained by attending training sessions and reviewing professional publications.
- Participate in developing strategies for achieving logistic and customer goals.
Work areas are primarily outside, in an all-weather environment with light-to-moderate background noise. Position involves exposure to potentially hazardous conditions, e.g., robbery. The position may require extended hours (applies to full-time and part-time schedules).
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer, Fax Machine, Copier, E-Mail, Telephone
Voice Mail, Ten-Key Adding Machine, General Office Supplies
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 50% of the time is spent over the road driving. Balance of time (approximately 50%) is spent walking while working, entering and exiting office buildings.
Speaking/Hearing: Clear diction and acute hearing are necessary for effective communication with co-workers, customers, and outside agencies, by telephone, and in person.
Vision: Corrected vision close to 20/20 is necessary to effectively use computers, handheld scanners, and interpret written information.
Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling: The ability to lift and carry up to fifty pounds is necessary for transporting currency and/or cargo.
Stooping/Kneeling: The ability to stoop and kneel is necessary for accessing vault and currency.
Reaching/Handling: Good manual dexterity is necessary for computer keyboard use and for retrieving and working with appropriate paperwork, equipment, and supplies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, over the phone, and via computer or other electronic means.
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information, and respond to questions from customers and the general public. Skill and ability to meet people and listen.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret operational documents, policies and regulations.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good-time management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- Accurate typing/keyboarding skills; basic computer skills, including the use of word processing software applications and e-mail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work with co-workers and members professionally and tactfully.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy.
- Exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
- Successful completion of Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) armed security certification, or the ability to complete within the first 30 days.
- Minimum of two years of experience in service, security, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong knowledge of currency processing and bank operation for processing procedures is preferred.
- Requires the availability to work Monday – Friday and occasional Saturday hours.
- Must be bondable.
Non-exempt starting pay range: $22.73 - $28.42 per hour
Typical Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8-hour shifts between 6:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
To show our appreciation to employees, we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Student loan paydown program
- Employee loan discount program
- Wellness incentives
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.