Mental Health Therapist
Gathered & Wise
Are you a therapist with a passion for serving clients who are pregnant, postpartum, or are experiencing infertility or loss? Do you have experience in helping clients process traumatic birth experiences, and a desire to help parents navigate the major life transitions that come with early parenthood? We would love to have you join us at Gathered & Wise! We are a small group practice that serves clients in the perinatal and early parenthood stages of life.
Why the name Gathered & Wise?
We believe that everyone needs a solid support system, and we are honored to be a part of our clients’ village and walk alongside them in this stage of life. We also believe in their inherent wisdom, and we hope that in our time together they learn to trust in themselves, and become confident in their own knowing.Organization Description
Currently, our team consists of three therapists and an office manager, and we provide individual mental health therapy to adults in Oregon. We are unique in that we specialize in perinatal mental health and serve people who are experiencing issues related to pregnancy and postpartum mood and anxiety disorders, infertility, grief and loss, birth trauma, as well as supporting those who are struggling with the overall adjustment to parenthood.
We offer the best of both worlds. We have the flexibility and independence that comes with private practice, as well as the support and collaboration of working with a team. This position allows you to focus on seeing clients, and we take care of the rest. At Gathered & Wise, full-time is 20-26 sessions per week. We place a high value on your work-life balance and offer a ton of flexibility. You get to choose how much you want to work, as well as what days and times work best for you. We typically see clients Mondays-Thursdays during daytime hours, but if evenings or weekends work best for your world, we absolutely support you in that. We want your work life to work for you. We offer services via telehealth and in-office. We ask that therapists come into the office on Wednesdays to serve clients in person and connect with your colleagues but are totally supportive of you working from home the rest of the week if you’d like.
Individual and group supervision is provided in house. We regularly ask how your caseload is working for you, and what you need from us to be well supported. When you are seeing the types of clients you love to work with and the number of clients you want, everybody wins.
Gathered & Wise welcomes diversity in our team and clientele, and values social justice. We believe that everyone is worthy, and everyone belongs. You have unique strengths to offer, and we all can learn so much from one another. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression), national origin, age, or disability.
Position Description:Sessions are a mix of in-person and online. You can do online sessions from home, if you want to. The hours are flexible and could include typical business hours and/or evenings and weekends, depending on employee preference. Hours would be consistent week to week, and you would tell us what days and times work best for you. We are looking for 20-26 client contact hours per week depending on your preference and need, with 1 hour of paid administrative time per 5 sessions, and additional paid administrative time to write assessments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer professional counseling services to individuals with mild-to-moderate mental health conditions
- Complete a comprehensive assessment and develop a diagnosis and treatment plan for each client
- Conduct individual counseling sessions with scheduled clients using professional counseling standards in accordance with individual treatment plans
- Document treatment plans, counseling sessions, assessments and interventions according to professional counseling documentation standards
- Help keep your caseload full by communicating your available openings to the office manager weekly
- Follow legal, ethical and professional obligations of your respective Oregon governing Board
- Attend group consultation and individual supervision
- Pursue continuing education for professional growth according to license requirements, with an emphasis on perinatal topics
- Collaborate and coordinate with other providers, such as a client’s PCP or prescriber, as needed
- Come into the office on Wednesdays for group supervision and in-person appointments from 9 AM- 5 PMRequirements and Qualifications:
- Experience working with, or a strong interest in, women’s issues including perinatal and maternal mental health issues, mood and anxiety disorders, self-esteem, life transitions, stress management, grief and loss
- Comfortable working with clients who may bring their infants into appointments, where infants may cry, need soothing, or be breast or bottle fed
- Able to provide non-judgmental support towards clients who may have chosen abortion for medical necessity or personal reasons
- Respectfully work with clients from diverse backgrounds
- Competent in providing evidence based, respectful, trauma informed care
- Work as an effective team member, yet be independent as necessary. Exercise sound judgment and initiative. Participate in group consultation, share your knowledge, and encourage others. Be willing to learn about perinatal health issues, and to grow your experience and expertise in this area
- Superb written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients, colleagues, and community resources
- Excellent time management skills; organized and able to prioritize
- Excellent at building personal relationships and dedicated to helping others
- Empathetic and supportive
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, online video platforms, and electronic health record systems. We use TherapyNotes for our EHR.
- Master’s degree in counseling psychology, social work, clinical mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy, or a related mental health field, from a school accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- At least 2 years of experience in mental health counseling
- Active Oregon state licensure in Clinical Social Work (LCSW), Marriage and Family Therapy (LMFT), or Professional Counseling (LPC)
- Will consider associates
- COVID-19 vaccine required, per State lawJob Type: Full-timeCompensation: Hourly rate determined based on experience level and type of session performed. $79,000-$93,600 for working 30 hours (about 25 client sessions) per week.Benefits
- 1 hour of paid administrative time for notes for every 5 sessions weekly, with an additional 30 minutes of paid admin time for intakes
- Health Insurance
- $250 annual education assistance stipend for continuing education
- Paid time off - 1.8 hour accrued for every 30 hours worked
- Retirement plan with 3% employer match, eligible after 90 days of employment
- Paid foundational maternal mental health training through Postpartum Support International
- Four paid holidays per yearSchedule:· Self-determined scheduleCOVID-19 considerations:We limit access to the building, screening all clients for COVID-19. Masks are required. We use UV air filters, sanitizing regularly. We also do online sessions.Application Question(s):· Have you ever had any Board actions against your license in any state?· What is your license number?· Please include a cover letter indicating your interest and experience in perinatal mental health.Education:· Master's (Required)Experience:· Counseling: 2 years (Required)License/Certification:· License in Oregon (LPC, LCSW, LMFT, LCP) (Required)Job Types: Full-time, Part-timeSalary: $79,000.00 - $93,600.00 per yearBenefits:
- Health insurance
- Paid time offSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftAbility to commute/relocate:
- Stayton, OR 97383: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)Work Location: One locationJob Types: Full-time, Part-timeSalary: $79,000.00 - $93,600.00 per yearBenefits:
- Health insurance
- Paid time offSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftAbility to commute/relocate:
- Stayton, OR 97383: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)Application Question(s):
- Please attach a cover letter.Work Location: One location