The Quality Control Technician reports to the MPP Plant Manager/ Technical Director. Quality Control Technicians are responsible for testing materials and finished products to ensure they conform to all applicable laws and company standards. Quality control technicians test products across the three stages of production (before, in-process, and final) to ensure quality levels are met.
Positions will train on day shift, but ultimately move to swing shift.
- Job Title
- Quality Control Technician
- MPP Manufacturing
- Report To
- Plant Manager/ Technical Director
- Trained on Day Shift but will move to Swing Shift once trained
- Wage Range
- $21.37 - $27.25
- Previous experience working in a plywood or engineered wood facility is preferred.
- Develop and maintain inspection reports
- Ensure compliance to federal and state laws, as well as company standards and specifications
- Maintain calibration of quality control equipment
- Perform inspections across all stages of production
- Prepare and maintain test data for review
- Evaluate data and draft reports, noting any relevant deviations from existing standards
- Identify areas for quality control improvement and implement new methods accordingly
- Communicate quality or compliance concerns with urgency
Quality Control Technician may be required to perform duties in other areas of the facility, which may include a wide range of functions.
- Standing and/or sitting continuously, ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Up and down stairs
- Working five to six days per week
- Must be able to work in an environment of heat, cold, dust, dirt and loud noises
- Positions will train on Day Shift, but will eventually move to Swing Shift
Educational Requirements : High school diploma or GED, with mathematical concept understanding
Experience/Skill Requirements: a solid understanding of test equipment, minimum of 1 year of inspection and/or production experience, strong working knowledge of various mathematical concepts including fractions, ratios and proportions, specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, excellent organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information
Health, Dental, Life, Short-term Disability, Section 125, Profit Sharing and 401(K), Vacation and Holiday Pay
Freres Engineered Wood Products, formerly Freres Lumber Co., Inc. was established in 1922 in the Santiam Canyon of Oregon. We are a family-owned and operated wood products manufacturing business headquartered in Lyons, Oregon. Now in its third generation, family management continues to build on the success of past generations.
We operate six processing plants, including a small log veneer plant, large log veneer plant, veneer drying facility, plywood plant, mass ply plant and stud mill in addition to having our own fleet of trucks and a cogeneration facility. We are dedicated to reinvesting in our modern manufacturing facilities, providing high-quality wood products, and providing family wage jobs within our communities. We specialize in creating the highest quality wood products, from raw log to finished products, including: hog fuel, bark fines, chips, shavings, specialty veneer, grade lumber, high-quality sheathing grade plywood, MPP and even electricity.
Our passion for continuous improvement aligned with our innovative approach to manufacturing has led us to develop and become the sole producer of a unique, patented wood product, the Mass Ply Panel. If you have growth mindset and a continuous-improvement attitude, you’re probably a great fit for our team!