Santiam Hospital & Clinics
Santiam Hospital is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
How To Apply
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/Santiam/jobs/3339592/facilities-technician?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Performs a wide range of facilities services tasks including non-technical maintenance of plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilating, and/or air conditioning facilities and equipment, at a level not requiring formal licensure. May be required to perform tasks of other unlicensed trades, such as a light equipment operator, carpenter, painter, and/or locksmith.
- Monitors, maintains, and performs standard repairs to building electrical facilities and systems, such as fixtures, switches, photo cells, and outlets; assists licensed electricians with non-technical repairs as appropriate.
- Monitors performance of heating, ventilation, and cooling systems for the facility; performs standard repair/replacement of components, as appropriate, and non-technical maintenance tasks such as cleaning of heating and cooling fan coil units and adjustment of system controls.
- Monitors and performs non-technical maintenance of plumbing systems, to include standard repair of leaking fixtures, cleaning obstructed waste lines, installing water coolers, and/or performing non-technical modifications to plumbing and water supply systems; assists licensed plumbers, as appropriate.
- Performs carpentry maintenance tasks including routine sheetrock/drywall installation and/or repair, window replacement, cabinet and countertop replacement, painting and texturing, and door and hardware installation; paints interior and exterior finishes, as appropriate.
- May assist in maintaining water treatment and storage system.
- May perform general maintenance, custodial, and trash removal tasks.
- May repair kitchen equipment.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Documents facilities maintenance requirements; maintains appropriate records of work performed.
- Performs snow removal, as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to repair and maintain appliances and heating and cooling equipment.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge of one or more building trades.
- Possession of a valid Oregon driver’s license is a requirement for this job.
- Employees who provide services or work in patient care or clinical areas are required to be in compliance with the Hospitals vaccination requirement.