HS Dance Head Coach
Stayton High School has an opening for Head Dance Coach. Applicants must be NFHS certified, heat and illness trained, concussion trained, steroid trained, spirit and safety certified, and first aid/CPR certified. Previous head coaching experience is preferred. Must have knowledge and the ability to run a total program. Must have a desire and interest in developing youth programs within the community. Must be organized and have the ability to work with student/athletes, staff and parents, in a positive manner. Must have the desire and ability to fundraise in order to run a total program. Must encourage and understand the benefits of the three-sport athlete.
- Directing and overseeing the development of a successful Program.
- Organization of practices and the instruction of athletes in the fundamentals of Sport.
- Developing leadership skills, positive self-image and pride in athletes
- Working with the Athletic Director to develop schedules
- Assisting in the development of a yearly budget for the program
- Implementing SHS athletic philosophy concerning attitude, discipline, rules and academic standards
- Fostering good working relationships with parents, teaching staff, other coaches and the community
- Hold NFHS Certification; Concussion, Heat and Illness, Spirit and Safety, and Steroid Training Certification; First Aid/CPR & Epi-Pen/Medical Training
- Experience or expertise in other coaching areas
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior