Professional Billing Representative
Salary$22 - $29 an hour
Santiam Hospital is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Come join our Revenue Cycle Team at Santiam Hospital & Clinics! We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
We are seeking an experienced Professional Billing Representative to enhance our healthcare team of innovative leaders.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13 clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care is delivered.
The Professional Billing department consists of staff that are responsible for the billing of all our family practice clinics and specialty practice clinics. Currently our professional billing departments utilizes the Athena EMR however will be transitioning to EPIC. The Clinic Billing department is part of our Revenue Cycle Team – consisting of Admissions, Hospital Billing, Clinic Billing, Hospital Coding, Clinic Coding and Medical Records. This department interacts at a high level to offer customer service to our patients as well as other departments.
- Identify and correct potential problems with patient eligibility for healthcare benefits provided by insurance carriers.
- Manage incomplete insurance claims (i.e. claims listed electronically in “buckets”), including those designated as general Hold and, when directed, those listed as Manager Hold.
- When directed, manage workers’ compensation claims.
- Manage incomplete patient accounts issues (i.e. issues listed electronically in “buckets”).
- Manage incomplete Santiam Medical Group patient account tasks (i.e. tasks listed electronically in “buckets”), including those designated as Administrative or Phone Messages, Patient Cases, Clinician, and Non-Clinician.
- When applicable, scan patient check payments for electronic deposit.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with patients who have patient account inquiries, including such inquiry made in person, by telephone, and via Billing line voicemail.
- When directed, assist with conversion of applicable patient accounts from receivable to bad debt, working in coordination with applicable collection agencies.
- Sort incoming mail that relates to patient accounts and insurance carriers.
- Transfer information about patient insurance benefits to applicable patient management software.
- Coordinate service provision with that of Medical Clinics and Hospital Departments.
- Adeptly use electronic medical record and patient management system.
- Knowledge of principles that relate to the position
- 2 years minimum professional billing experience
- Athena EMR system experience preferred
- EPIC EMR system experience preferred
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the 1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance