We are looking for a great personality who can greet the public, work with a fabulous team of people and handle a variety of clerical and office tasks from multiple departments with efficiency.
For the first several weeks/months, this position will assist with attendance for Options Academy, our online school and work a few hours/day in that building and the remainder of the day at the District Office. Eventually, the work will shift to be entirely at the District Office.
Positions assigned to the assistant secretary classification are distinguished from office manager/ lead secretary by the performance of standard office duties.
High school diploma and one-year general office experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the job
Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment
Ability to communicate effectively with other employees and the general public using tact, courtesy, and good judgment
Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail to meet deadlines
Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions, policies, and procedures
Ability to operate standard office equipment such as typewriter, computer terminal, word processor, calculator, and photocopier
Ability to type at a level required for specific position
Ability to physically perform assigned duties, including, but not limited to lifting objects up to 25 pounds
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform a variety of clerical work in support of the school secretary including typing, proofreading, filing, checking information on records, and collecting and accounting for monies received
2. Perform routine office/ clerical duties as assigned; maintain and monitor student attendance records
3. Answer telephones and take messages, respond to inquiries, provide information, about school operations and refer calls to appropriate staff members
4. Receive calls from parents regarding student attendance/ absence/ behavior
5. Enter attendance, enrollment, and/ or behavior on the computer and prepare reports as assigned regarding student attendance/ absence/ behavior
6. Type letters, memos, bulletins, or other material from oral directions, rough draft, copy, notes on transcribing machine recordings