Family Building Blocks is offering new employees a $1000 sign-on bonus and $400 bonus if vaccinated!
- First day of employment must be before 9/30/2021!
- You must be actively employed at time of bonus payout.
- Payouts for sign-on bonus will occur in 2 installments, $500 payable after 30 days of employment and $500 after 90 days of employment.
- Covid-19 vaccine bonus will be paid after 30 days of employment for staff who show proof of being fully vaccinated at hire.
If at any time in the process you either voluntarily or involuntarily end employment, you would no longer be eligible to receive the sign-on or vaccine bonus.
OUTREACH HOME VISITOR
Family Building Blocks in the Stayton/Sublimity, OR, Santiam Canyon area is seeking to hire an Outreach Home Visitor. You would typically work Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. Do you have an educational background in Early Childhood Education or Child Development? Do you have a comparable credential? Do you want to help make a difference in the lives of children and families? If so, keep reading!
As an Outreach Home Visitor, you will earn a competitive starting pay of $17.00-$18.00 per hour depending on experience. English/Spanish bilingual employees will also receive an extra additional rate for language differential pay. We also offer employer-paid medical, dental, vision for our full-time employees with buy up options and employer-paid basic group life insurance, discounted fitness center/gym memberships, alternative care supplemental benefits, paid time off, volunteer paid time off, inclement weather time off, paid holidays, and discounted rates for cell phone plans for Verizon and T Mobile. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT FAMILY BUILDING BLOCKS
Family Building Blocks is a non-profit organization that serves children and families with the mission to keep children safe and families together. Our values reflect the services we provide and the culture we embrace for our staff. We strive for equity and celebrate diversity. We are collaborative and ambitious. We emphasize strengths and assume positive intent. We honor vulnerability and courage. We respect the unique personhood of each child. We believe in the power of a securely attached family. We are family-centered, caring and supportive. We express gratitude for our community's generosity. We offer optimism and hope.
Our Rock Star employees are the most valuable asset we have in supporting our mission. In return for their hard work and dedication, we offer competitive pay and generous benefits. Our dedicated and loving employees also enjoy working and thriving in a positive, collaborative, and supportive work environment where we strongly support work-life balance. We also create opportunities for professional growth and participate in team self-care practices and challenges, plus occasional festive and creative competitions.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN OUTREACH HOME VISITOR
As an Outreach Home Visitor, you will provide services to families in the Salem and Santiam Canyon area. You will work with families in their homes to establish a positive home environment, to promote healthy child growth and development, and to support the well-being of children and families. You will use therapeutic home visiting skills such as effective praise and reflective dialogue to strengthen parent-child relationships, improve parenting skills, teach effective problem solving, and reduce family stress. The Outreach Home Visitor also helps parents identify and access community resources that will help the family accomplish their goals.
- Associates Degree with a concentration in early childhood development/related field OR CDA Credential in Early Childhood Education, OR comparable credential (20 quarter credit hours) from an accredited institution with a focus on infant/toddler development, OR equivalent combination of training and course work (ORO Step 8.5) in early childhood development with a focus on Early Childhood Education/Child Development OR Two years of qualifying teaching experience with some college level coursework in ECE/Child Development
- At least 6 months relevant experience relating to providing social work, including demonstrated experience working with infant/child development and at-risk families, also including work experience in parent education, home visiting, and/or child development setting
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test.
- Have an Oregon driver's license and acceptable driving record.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you meet the qualifications and are ready to build a better world, apply now with our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application.