Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
How To Apply
To apply, please visit governmentjobs.com/careers/Santiam
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is looking for you to join the Santiam Hospital health care team of innovative leaders located in the heart of Oregon’s Mid-Willamette Valley. We are currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our Outpatient Treatment Services (SHOTS) Department.
Santiam Hospital Outpatient Treatment Services (SHOTS) Clinic is a hospital based clinic that provides services for both the inpatient and outpatient populations. Services include, but are not limited to, wound care for chronic and complex wounds and non-urgent medication administration (IV fluid, antibiotics, etc).
The SHOTS LPN will be part of the care team that manages common problems related to the treatment and rehabilitation of patients with acute and chronic wounds. The LPN will also be responsible for administering IV medications, lab draws, and central line care.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with a diverse patient population. General understanding of age-related differences in caring for all patients and possess personal sensitivity to the needs and experiences of others with a non-judgmental attitude.
- Perform focused physical assessments and participate in care plans with a holistic approach to the management of acute and chronic wounds.
- Educate patients regarding the treatment, prevention, and management of underlying causes of wounds.
- Work collaboratively with the health care team and facilitate referrals to other disciplines as indicated.
- Monitor the patient’s response to the plan of care and participate in adjusting the plan as appropriate.
- Medication administration, peripheral and central line management per hospital policy
- Current unencumbered LPN license to practice in the State of Oregon
- Healthcare Provider level BLS/ACLS required
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant LPN experience, 2+ years strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1 year wound care experience preferred
- 401(k) Retirement plan
- Health, dental and vision insurance for staff and family
- PTO, holidays and extended medical leave bank
- Hospital Incentive Plan (HIP)
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability Insurance
- Staff discounts