Family Building Blocks in Salem, OR is looking for a full-time Cook.
As an FBB Cook, you will provide nutritious meals and snacks for children, parents, teachers, and volunteers in Family Building Blocks classrooms. You will get the pleasure of interacting with children and assisting with cooking projects and mealtime experiences. You will prepare meals and snacks using an approved menu and in accordance with established standards of nutrition, health, and sanitation.
What we offer:
- Starting at $16.50-$18.50 depending on experience
- Employer-paid Medical and Dental insurance with buy-up options
- Employer-paid basic group life insurance
- Discounted fitness center/gym memberships
- Alternative care supplemental benefits (Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Massage Therapy & Naturopathic)
- Generous paid time off (192 hours)
- Paid time to volunteer at other organizations
- Inclement weather paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Discounted cell phone plans
Why work at Family Building Blocks?
Family Building Blocks is a non-profit organization that serves children and families with the mission to keep children safe and families together. Our values reflect the services we provide and the culture we embrace for our staff. Our Rock Star employees are the most valuable asset we have and we appreciate their hard work and dedication. Our employees enjoy working and thriving in a positive and collaborative work environment that fosters professional growth, inclusiveness, and diversity.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to read, write and understand written procedures and menus.
- 6 months of experience cooking, preparing meals for groups of 25 or more, and managing kitchen operation/equipment.
- Knowledge of basic nutrition and meal planning using USDA guidelines.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and background check
- Oregon driver's license and acceptable driving record