Patient Accounts Representative
Come join our Hospital Billing Team at Santiam Hospital & Clinics! We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
We are seeking an experienced Patient Accounts Representative to enhance our healthcare team of innovated leaders.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13 clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care is delivered.
Compensation: $18.00 - $27.00, DOE
Job Summary: Full-time M-F
Department Description: Santiam Hospital & Clinics Billing department is responsible for all the billing for services obtained at the hospital.
- Answering phones and assisting patients regarding their accounts, as well as assisting at the walk-in desk.
- Working with patient accounts.
- Documenting all actions taken related to the patient’s account in order to maintain a permanent, accurate record in the account.
- Maintaining quality customer service and patient confidentiality at all times.
- Responsible for billing and follow up with insurance
- Responsible for reviewing credit balance accounts and submitting refunds to both insurances and patients.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of experience working in patient accounting
- One year of insurance billing experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Good communication with insurance companies and co-workers
- Must be skilled in written and verbal communications
- Commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Ability to multi-task
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the 1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is a drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $27.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday