Operating Room Assistant
We continually strive to provide innovative paths to learning and growth while maintaining an environment of strategic problem solving objectives through Lean driven principles. We understand that hardworking, conscientious and compassionate team members are one of our most valuable assets and we are always looking for outstanding people to join our team.
Salem Health Hospitals and Clinics complies with the Oregon COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Healthcare Providers and Healthcare Staff in Healthcare Settings and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Omnibus COVID-19 Health Care Staff Vaccination Interim Final Rule. Every candidate who accepts a position with Salem Health will be required to furnish proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting employment ("Fully vaccinated" means having received both doses of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine, and at least 14 days have passed since the individual’s final dose of COVID-19 vaccine). Details can be found on the Oregon Health Authority site here .
Your Role With Us:
You will use your strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to anticipate when help, supplies, or equipment are needed to assist with the set-up, clean up, and turnovers of surgery cases.
This position offers excellent hiring incentives (start bonus/relocation assistance) for qualified candidates!
- Provide the operating rooms with appropriate supplies and equipment.
- Assists with surgical preps, opening supplies and working around the sterile field.
- Reviews case carts for accuracy and gathers missing supplies.
- Ensures specialty carts are stocked daily and that all equipment is properly stored
- Transports patients to and from the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- BLS from the American Heart Association required.
- Previous hospital experience desirable.
- Previous experience in perioperative area desirable.