Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Laboratory Technician
Come join our Laboratory Department at Santiam Hospital & Clinics. We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
We are seeking a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Laboratory Technician to enhance our healthcare team of innovated leaders.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13 clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care is delivered.
Compensation: $27.50 - $46.25, DOE
Job Summary: Full-time, primarily days, however, variable shift work including weekends, evenings, holidays, and possibly nights may be required at times.
Department Description: Fast paced 40-bed hospital clinical lab needs an MLS/MLT to perform testing across multiple disciplines including Microbiology and Blood Bank (some phlebotomy experience is also preferable). Our lab operates 24 hours every day of the year, with over 100,000 tests performed annually. Testing accommodates all hospital and our surrounding clinic populations. Our test menu is extensive and includes comprehensive in-house microbiology and molecular assays.
- The MLS/MLT is a member of a diverse group of laboratory scientists who work in all areas of the clinical lab, and performs testing that is both routine and urgent/time sensitive.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical, as well as a disposition that is conducive to working closely with other staff in a fast-paced environment.
- This position will challenge all aspects of a clinical laboratory scientist’s education and training, and provide the rare opportunity to elevate and expand your skill-set and lab experience.
- Associates degree in Medical Laboratory Science required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Education and experience to perform CLIA moderate and high complexity testing unsupervised.
- ASCP or equivalent certification as MLT or MLS within 3 months of hire.
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the 1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is a drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.50 - $46.25 per hour