Materials Management Manager
Come join our Materials Management Department at Santiam Hospital & Clinics. We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
We are seeking an experienced Materials Management Manager to enhance our healthcare team of innovated leaders.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13 clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care is delivered.
Compensation: $31.00 - $43.75, DOE
Job Summary: Full-time
Department Description: The Materials Management Department is part of a growing area of the hospital. As an internal customer service department, we strive to keep a “yes first” mentality. We will be moving from our current system for materials management to a new state of the art system later this year and will need someone to help lead that effort!
Assists the Director of Information, Communication, & Analytics by assuming responsibility for all Hospital inventories, as well as responsibility for all Central Storage functions.
- Assists in directing and guiding area employees regarding materials handling and distribution.
- Assists Director in establishing and achieving departmental objectives in all areas of Materials Management Department.
- Under the general supervision of the Director, assists in the decision-making process in activities of areas and services of Central Storage and Distribution.
- Evaluates work performances and recommends hiring, discharging, promotions, disciplinary actions and/or suspension of personnel.
- Processes and schedules requests for Central Storage personnel at all times.
- Responsible for the flow of data concerning receipts and disbursements of inventory
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of official inventory.
- Responsible for the production of count sheets for all booked Hospital inventories and the data entry involved to obtain values for each inventory.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the Store room and the safety of all Store room personnel.
- Responsible for the day–to–day balancing of the inventory with Fiscal Services and the investigation of out of balance situations.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe level of patient supplies at all times, at the same time turning the supplies at a reasonable rate.
- Maintains standards set forth by JCAHO, OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Directs delivery and replenishment of exchange carts to nursing units and maintains par levels of supplies on carts. Maintains cart replenishment work sheets and cart value report.
- Is responsible for department’s operational excellence; assures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards.
- Manages human resources to assure quality services and promote positive employee relations.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff. Regularly communicates with the internal customers to identify the changing needs.
- Attains agreed upon goals and objectives within specified time frames, as part of the organization’s overall mission.
- Attends required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, specific job-related hazards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience (including supervisory responsibilities) preferred.
- Familiarity with accounts payable processes preferred.
- Should be familiar with the inventory supply process and distribution functions of Materials Management in a hospital setting.
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the 1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is a drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31.00 - $43.75 per hour