Environmental Services - Housekeeping
Full Job Description
Come join our Environmental Services at Santiam Hospital & Clinics. We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
We are seeking a Housekeeper to enhance our healthcare team of innovated leaders.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13 clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care is delivered.
Compensation: Starting at $15.25, DOE
Job Summary: Full-time, Monday – Sunday, varied schedules.
Department Description: The housekeeping services maintains a clean environment, with agents approved for use by the Infection Control Committee, for patients, visitors, and staff in accordance with guidelines of The Joint Commission and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Clean Hospital areas such as; corridors, elevators, hallways, lobbies, locker rooms, lounges, restrooms, rooms, stairways, carpets, draperies, rugs, and upholstered furniture.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies.
- Empty waste receptacles.
- Transport and stock cleaning supplies, linens, toiletries, and towels.
- Additional duties as assigned by the department supervisor/manager/director.
- Protect patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal, medical, and financial information, adhering to HIPAA requirements.
- Previous housekeeping experience in a hospital or healthcare setting preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly motivated.
- Work well with a team.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform moderately demanding physical tasks including; walking, sitting, standing, lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, climbing, and driving.
- Ability to lift loads of up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to work in environments where patients receive intense interventions.
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the 1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is a drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.25 per hour