Environmental Services - Housekeeping
Santiam Hospital and Clinics is looking for you to join the Santiam Hospital health care team of innovative leaders located in the heart of Oregon's Mid-Willamette Valley. We are currently seeking a Housekeeper to join our Environmental Services/Facilities Department.
Santiam Hospital proudly offers excellent career opportunities, benefits, and support that will allow you to grow in your career and fully enjoy your passions.
Compensation: Starting at $15.00/hr, DOE
Job Summary: Full-time, Monday – Sunday, varied schedules.
Department Description: The housekeeping services maintains a clean environment, with agents approved for use by the Infection Control Committee, for patients, visitors, and staff in accordance with guidelines of The Joint Commission and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Clean Hospital areas such as; corridors, elevators, hallways, lobbies, locker rooms, lounges, restrooms, rooms, stairways, carpets, draperies, rugs, and upholstered furniture.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies.
- Empty waste receptacles.
- Transport and stock cleaning supplies, linens, toiletries, and towels.
- Additional duties as assigned by the department supervisor/manager/director.
- Protect patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal, medical, and financial information, adhering to HIPAA requirements.
- Previous housekeeping experience in a hospital or healthcare setting preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly motivated.
- Work well with a team.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform moderately demanding physical tasks including; walking, sitting, standing, lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, climbing, and driving.
- Ability to lift loads of up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to work in environments where patients receive intense interventions.
Benefits at a Glance:
- 401(k) Retirement plan
- Health, dental and vision insurance for staff and family
- PTO, holidays and extended medical leave bank
- Hospital Incentive Plan (HIP)
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability Insurance
- Staff discounts
Santiam Hospital and Clinics is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- housekeeping in a hospital or healthcare setting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)