Emergency Department Ward Clerk/Telemetry Technician
Come join our Emergency Department at Santiam Hospital & Clinics! We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
We are seeking a Ward Clerk/Telemetry Technician to enhance our healthcare team of innovative leaders.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13 clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care is delivered.
Job Summary: 12-hour swing shifts (1100-2330)
Department Description: The Emergency Department welcomes all patients with a wide variety of medical conditions ranging from non-critical to emergent medical needs. The Ward Clerk/Telemetry Technician facilitates safe, age-appropriate, direct and indirect patient care, working with the healthcare team to improve patient satisfaction and Emergency Department throughput.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with diverse population from pediatrics to geriatrics. General understanding of age-related differences in caring for all patients and possess personal sensitivity to the needs and experiences of others with a non-judgmental attitude.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and appropriately adapt to diverse and high-risk situations to offer the best possible care to patients.
- Ability to manage time in an organized fashion, planning and prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment under pressure.
- Participates as a member of the health care team under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Assists with housekeeping, stocking supplies, and patient transportation throughout the hospital.
- Current unencumbered Oregon CNA2 certification, Oregon LPN license or Oregon EMT certification
- Healthcare Provider Level BLS
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the 1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is a drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 12 hour shift