Full Job Description
Come join our Dietary Department at Santiam Hospital & Clinics! We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
We are seeking a Dietary Aide to enhance our healthcare team of innovated leaders.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13 clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care is delivered.
Compensation: Starting at $15.00/hr, DOE
Job Summary: Full-time, 11:00 AM – 7:30 PM, rotating weekends.
- Prepares food trays for general and therapeutic diets and prepares special diet foods as necessary. Prepares and delivers items as requested by patients.
- Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner and puts clean dishes and utensils away. Operates dishwasher and washes specified items by hand, i.e., pots, pans, knives.
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
- Mops floors, cleans walk-in refrigerators and storage areas as scheduled and as necessary.
- Receives, stores, issues, and delivers necessary food, supplies, and equipment.
- Answers the telephone, takes messages, and processes phone orders.
- Basic knowledge of the use and care of simple kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of the principles and practices of safety, sanitation, and personal hygiene as it relates to food preparation and services.
- The ability to speak, read, and write English is also required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work well with a team and have the ability to function in a fast paced environment. Current Oregon Food Handler License or obtain within 30 days of hire
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the 1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is a drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
- Weekend availability