innovative leaders located in the heart of Oregon's Mid-Willamette Valley. We are currently seeking a Dietary Aide to join our Nutrition Services Department.
Santiam Hospital proudly offers excellent career opportunities, benefits, and support that will allow you to grow in your career and fully enjoy your passions.
Compensation: $15.00/hr, DOE
Job Summary: Part-time, 11:00 AM – 7:30 PM, some weekends required.
- Prepares food trays for general and therapeutic diets and prepares special diet foods as necessary. Prepares and delivers items as requested by patients.
- Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner and puts clean dishes and utensils away. Operates dishwasher and washes specified items by hand, i.e., pots, pans, knives.
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
- Mops floors, cleans walk-in refrigerators and storage areas as scheduled and as necessary.
- Receives, stores, issues, and delivers necessary food, supplies, and equipment.
- Answers the telephone, takes messages, and processes phone orders.
- Basic knowledge of the use and care of simple kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of the principles and practices of safety, sanitation, and personal hygiene as it relates to food preparation and services.
- The ability to speak, read, and write English is also required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work well with a team and have the ability to function in a fast paced environment. Current Oregon Food Handler License or obtain within 30 days of hire
Benefits at a Glance:
- 401(k) Retirement plan
- Health, dental and vision insurance for staff and family
- PTO, holidays and extended medical leave bank
- Hospital Incentive Plan (HIP)
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability Insurance
- Staff discounts
Santiam Hospital and Clinics is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Dietary Aide: 1 year (Preferred)
- Oregon Food Handler License (Preferred)