Dental Assistant Patient Navigator
Full Job Description
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference? Our teams strive to provide the best care possible for patients. We are committed to helping our communities be healthier, feel better, and smile with confidence.
We are seeking a Dental Assistant Patient Navigator to join us and grow their career. With multiple practices in the area, career opportunities are endless.
Not only will you find it rewarding to help patients be healthier, but you will also enjoy being part of an organization that gives back to the community with an industry-leading comprehensive benefits package. Benefits for full-time positions include:
· Health and Wellness: Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Health Reimbursement Account, Flexible Spending Accounts
· Financial Wellness: Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, 401k match, Employee Purchasing Discounts
· Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, a variety of supplemental insurance options such as Pet Insurance
- Provide chair-side clinical support to Doctors and Hygienists by charting, patient education, operatory set-up and clean-up
- Deliver an exceptional patient experience at all phases of their appointment
- Take and process X-Rays as prescribed by the Dentist
- Enter patient treatment plans and maintain files at the direction of the Dentist
- Complete sterilization processes for equipment and operatories
· Educate patients on the importance of their oral health
· Work collaboratively with the team on scheduling, ensuring an exceptional patient experience, and maintaining the condition of the practice and equipment
· Review Social Determinants of Health screenings and referrals to help address patients’ unmet social needs (transportation, housing, food, etc)
· Assist patients with follow up appointments, referrals, and paperwork completion
· Facilitate Care Coordination requests and act as a guide to help patients navigate the dental care system to ensure their oral health needs are met
- Traditional Healthcare Worker or Certified Healthcare Worker certification is required
- Completion of a dental assisting program or the desire to enroll in our internal training program
- Advanced Dental Asissting certifications preferred (EDDA, CDA, RDA, EFODA)
- Experience as a Traditional Health Worker, Certified Health Worker, or Patient Health Navigator is preferred
- Experience as a Dental Assistant is preferred
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and working with a dental software such as Dentrix, Eagle Soft, or Dental Vision
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to partnering with all team members to ensure an exception patient experience
An equal opportunity employer and an advocate for diversity and inclusion
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- How many years of experience do you have?
- Is this location a realistic commute?
- What are your salary expectations?