Certified Professional Coder - Outpatient
Come join our Clinic Billing Department at Santiam Hospital & Clinics! We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
We are seeking an experienced Certified Professional Coder to enhance our healthcare team of innovated leaders.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13 clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care is delivered.
Compensation: Starting at $20.25, DOE
Job Summary: Full-time
Department Description: The Clinic Billing Department provides medical coding support and charge entry review for over six local Patient Centered Primary Care offices and multiple specialties including Cardiology, Pulmonology, Orthopedics, OB/Gyn and more. Our dynamic team of coders & billers cohesively network together to bridge the clinical and financial side of the revenue cycle while ensuring accuracy and integrity of the medical record. Option for flexibility of remote work or hybrid on-site/on-Campus possible. Santiam Hospital & Clinics is nestled in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains, which provides a beautiful setting to create opportunities for a positive difference in the community.
- Evaluate medical record documentation to ensure diagnostic and procedural code integrity in compliance with ICD-10-CM, CPT-4/HCPCs rules and guidance.
- Charge posting of outpatient professional charges including family practice and several specialties via electronic health record.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Protecting patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal, medical and financial information per HIPAA and other federal regulations.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the organization’s corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner.
- Support the vision, mission and values of Santiam Hospital & Clinics.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for caregivers, patients, guests & coworkers.
- Delivers customer service in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned.
- Licensure: Certified Coder –AAPC CPC or CPB certification required.
- Education: HS Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1-year active coding experience
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS Codes and guidelines
- Extensive knowledge of E/M level requirements and new 2021 guidelines
- Specialty and surgical coding experience is a bonus
- Preferred familiarity with payers & common insurance processing policy
- Must be able to communicate effectively with billing team, clinical staff and physicians and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly motivated and enthusiastic team member with an excellent work ethic.
- Must be able to work independently and network with the coding team.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize with efficiency to meet deadlines and goals.
- Detail-oriented with focus for daily work as well as various projects as needed.
- Minimum of 1-year experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the 1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is a drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.25 per hour
- Monday to Friday