Come join our Dietary Department at Santiam Hospital & Clinics. We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
We are seeking an experienced Barista to enhance our healthcare team of innovated leaders.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13 clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care is delivered.
Compensation: $15.00, DOE
Full-time, 36-40 hours per week
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
6:00 AM – 4:00 PM, hours may vary or change depending on the department’s needs.
Department Description: Santiam Hospital & Clinics Food and Nutrition Services is dedicated to providing high quality, satisfying and nutritious meals to staff, patients, and visitors. The Espresso stand will be located in the front lobby of Santiam Hospital where staff, patients, and visitors can enjoy gourmet coffees, espresso, drip coffee, and lattes along with muffins, bagels, croissants, and other delicious grab-n-go items. Come join our outstanding team where quality and excellent customer services are always at the top of our menu!
- Greeting customers in a friendly manner and taking food and drink orders
- Preparing and serving beverages, ranging from simple to elaborate ones
- Answering customers’ questions about menu choices
- Promoting and recommending menu options to customers
- Taking payment from customers
- Maintaining inventory and equipment
- Keeping the work environment sanitary and organized
- Evaluating and modifying processes to improve efficiency and quality of service
- Grinding and blending coffee beans, brewing coffee and tea, and serving items to customers
- Cleaning and restocking work and dining areas, emptying trash and sanitizing equipment and utensils.
- Updating signage and displays to attract customers.
- Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases or behind the counter.
- Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls.
- Prepare and serve coffee and tea drinks that meet quality standards
- Properly handle and maintain all equipment
- Respond to orders, questions, concerns, and complaints in a polite and efficient manner
- Accurately handle cash and credit card payments, following appropriate cash-handling procedures
- Serve customers quickly and efficiently
- Observe relevant health and safety standards
- Experience Required
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Listen well and communicate in a professional and friendly manner
- Focus on customer satisfaction
- Practice basic safety procedures with respect to equipment and handling hot beverages
- Be efficient and organized
- Build good relationships with customers
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Keep supplies replenished to minimize downtime
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in food and beverage preparation (barista) or customer service preferred.
- Training and willingness to continue learning about food and beverage preparation.
- Exceptional listening and communication skills.
- Ability to walk, bend, and stand for extended periods.
- A polite, engaging personality.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence.
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to problem solve quickly
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the 1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is a drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Day shift