Administrator of Clinical Operations
Are you a master of communication, planning and follow-through? Does your leadership style inspire and reward customer service and teamwork? Great at meeting deadlines? Friendly? Motivated? Join our team! The new Administrator of Clinical Operations will be an important part of our management team the Salem Clinic family! The work environment is professional and supportive, while also fun and light-hearted; the ninety-six year old organization thrives in the ever-changing healthcare environment with nimble shifts to meet patient demands, support staff and protect providers.
Job Summary: Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the clinical operations and activities of the Clinic within the scope of the policies established by the Administrator and Board of Directors.
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Delegate responsibility and authority to senior clinical management staff and clinical department supervisors while retaining overall responsibility and accountability.
2. Communicate regularly with administration, management staff, suppliers, and patients.
3. Function as a resource and advisor to the Clinic’s committees.
4. Coordinate efforts with Medical Director
5. Provide an example to all employees and physicians regarding personal work habits appropriate to job duties.
Personnel Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the formulation and administration of systems, policies, and procedures for all clinical non-physician personnel.
2. Facilitate positive relationships between clinical leadership and non-clinical leadership
3. Oversee the hiring of all clinical staff.
4. Direct the completion of both probationary evaluations and annual evaluations of all clinical employees.
5. Keep current on employee problems and counsel as necessary.
6. Assist the Administrator and Medical Director in identifying and addressing provider concerns as directed.
7. Supervise the Clinic’s Safety Officer.
Operational Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Continuously monitor and maintain quality in the clinical settings that support best practices and clinical policies regarding patient care.
2. Continuously review all factors affecting the operating costs of the clinical departments. Take necessary corrective action to keep costs commensurate with Clinic objectives and recommend appropriate actions for approval by Administration and the Board.
3. Design, implement and monitor new clinical services brought on with approval from the Administrator and the Board.
4. Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of all technologies brought into the clinical setting.
· Masters level education in field or equivalent experience.
· Five years of prior outpatient medical group management experience.
· Positive leadership qualities.
· Ability to work with physicians and other health care professionals.
· Possess the temperament to confront peers and foster conflict resolutions.
· Ability to foster the cooperation of others in the pursuit of common objectives.
Don't know much about Salem Clinic? That's okay, we like that our profile is more private than our peers. Salem Clinic is a physician-owned multi-specialty medical clinic. There is no corporate office in a tower or far-off city. Every staff member has the opportunity to drive and embrace change. We offer a friendly and supportive work environment where you can grow your career, prepare for your future, make new friends and help others. Oh... and we have been voted the 2021 Best of the Willamette Valley GOLD for Best Place to Work! Join our team today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Master's (Required)