The City of Stayton is seeking qualified applicants to fill its Public Works Supervisor – Utilities position. This full time, exempt position will plan, organize, schedule, assign, and supervise the operations and maintenance activities of the Street System, Water System and Parks. Recommend short-term and long-term projects within functional area and perform special studies in support of division.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Associate of Applied Science in Water or an Associate of Science Degree and seven years related experience with three years of supervisory experience in a municipality public works department or seven years supervisory experience with a private construction company that specializes in public works infrastructure construction, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above duties.
• Working knowledge of fiscal management, expenditure control, and recordkeeping.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Skilled in computer operations and proficiency in word processing; spreadsheets, databases, electronic communications. Ability to utilize computer for record keeping, reports, and operation of maintenance programs.
• Extensive knowledge of the materials, methods, techniques, and Federal and State guidelines used in operation and maintenance of water treatment facilities, water distribution systems, streets, and occupational hazards and safety precautions.
• Knowledge of principles of supervision and personnel practices.
• Skill in operation of tools and equipment including a motor vehicle, backhoe, dump truck, generators, pumps, gauges, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, detection devices, mobile radio, telephone, computer, calculator, a variety of lab equipment, and other related equipment.
• Ability to perform process control calculations, work safely, communicate effectively verbally and in writing in order to establish effective working relationships with employees, other departments, and the public, must have the ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions to coordinate, schedule, and direct the work of subordinate technicians.
• Possession of valid driver’s license.
• Level I Water Treatment and Level II Water Distribution Certification
• WorkZone Traffic Control Certificate
To learn more, go to www.StaytonOregon.gov and visit the “EMPLOYMENT” section, where you can download the job description, application, and supplemental questions. Completion of supplemental questions is required for job consideration.