Sets up dining room ensuring the dining area is clean, neat, and sanitary. Provides quick, efficient, and pleasant delivery of food to residents and guests, ensuring all quality standards of food and service are being met. Ensures good customer service, safety and proper handling of dishes, glassware, and utensils.
- Meets Eclipse Standards established for the Dining Services Department.
- Reads, understands, and complies with Department of Health Regulations established for Food Service departments.
- Takes food orders, presents to kitchen staff and delivers meals to residents and guests in a proper and timely manner in accordance with department and Eclipse standards.
- Responds quickly to resident and guest requests. Interacts with guests in the dining room to ensure their satisfaction
- Ensures accurate fulfillment of orders and checks food quality. Returns food that does not meet quality standards such as temperature, color, and doneness.
- Responds to community issues or concerns that may occur in the dining room. Reports issues/concerns to the Dining Services Director or designee immediately.
- Assists setting tables, removing dirty dishes, disposing of refuse and waste materials, and restocking inventory as needed.
- Washes and stacks dishes, pots and pans as needed.
- Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers. Empties all trash and cleans trash cans.
- Sweeps and mops floor daily. Uses approved Eclipse cleaning products.
- Assists cooks upon request.
- Cleans and presses linen tablecloths on tables for every meal. (May use substitution for breakfast.)
- Pre-sets tables for every meal per guidelines in Dining Services Guide.
- Places a bread basket of fresh bread with butter/margarine on each table before the meal is served.
- Serves meals from the left and removes meals from the right.
- Removes each course before the next meal is served.
- Returns all soiled dishes directly to the dishwashing area.
- Presents a clean and neat appearance, wearing aprons, hair nets, and other protective clothing as necessary following the Eclipse dress code.
- Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and disaster drills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of compliance and ethics program policies and procedures.
- Completes all mandatory compliance, HIPAA and state and federal regulatory training as required.
- Maintains appropriate degree of confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the success of Eclipse and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our residents.
- Prefer High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Prefer one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.