SCARF LINE OPERATOR
Job Title: Scarf Line Operator
Branch: MPP Manufacturing
Report To: Plant Manager
The Scarf Line Operator reports to the MPP Plant Manager and be assigned primarily to a scarf line. The scarf process entails cutting a joint in a 4’x8’ laminated panel, applying glue, and pressing and curing the glued joint. Additional processes include sanding, cutting panels, and stacking.
- Previous experience working in a plywood or engineered wood facility is preferred. Applicable experience includes working with resins, presses, panel sawing and finishing or a combination of similar experience.
- Qualified candidates ensure the quality of all aspects of the finished panels including joint quality, surface quality, and size tolerances.
- Fork lift experience is beneficial for this position.
If needed, or while scarf line is not operating, Scarf Line Operator may be required to perform duties in other areas of the facility, including at the MPP press, CNC areas, or managing inventory and finished product functions. These responsibilities encompass a wide range including basic carpentry, inventory management including making product ready to ship and operation of overhead cranes. All functions will be performed on panels as large as 12 feet wide, by 48 feet long and up to 24 inches thick.
- Standing continuously, lifting to 40 pounds, constantly moving, repetitive motion of the shoulders, arms, hands and fingers
- Working five to six days per week
Educational Requirements : High school diploma or GED
Experience Requirements : At least 1 year
Health, Dental, Life, Short-term Disability, Section 125, Profit Sharing and 401(K), Vacation and Holiday Pay.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.62 - $21.74 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability