FLOOR FRAMING – ASSISTANT
ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
At Modern, you will have the ability to showcase your skills, learn new skills, push yourself while building a career, and become a part of a winning team with a company that is an innovative and respected leader in the modular building industry. As one of our Floor Framing Assistants, you will support the flooring department by performing basic framing tasks.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Compensation is $16.50/hr, unless otherwise stated. Modern offers a competitive benefits package that includes dental, life, and health insurance.
Total compensations include:
- Daily per diem and company paid lodging for overnight travel.
- Davis Bacon Wage/Prevailing Wage opportunities.
- Competitive benefits package.
- 100% employer-paid employee health.
- 100% employer-paid dental insurance.
- 100% employer-paid life insurance.
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Periodic bonuses based on company and individual performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures proper materials are in place for the Floor Framing Station.
- Reads and follows written and oral instructions given by the Station Lead.
- Performs floor framing through to completion.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Must be physically able to lift <60lbs, push, pull, maneuver, and carry items.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, stoop, reach.
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention. Repetitive and diversified work requiring constant alertness to surrounding areas and tasks at hand.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We hire top candidates who want to build a respectable career and maintain consistency in their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate who wants to grow and learn.
- This job ideally requires one year of commercial construction framing experience.
- The ability to read a tape measurer and have basic knowledge math and construction tools.
- A commitment to the achievement of personal and company goals.
- The ability to read and understand blueprints in preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.
Download the fillable PDF application below and email it to Human Resources OR fill out the online application. Please make sure to follow all instructions for submitting your application.