Food Preparer-Cashier Barista
Full Job Description
We continually strive to provide innovative paths to learning and growth while maintaining an environment of strategic problem solving objectives through Lean driven principles. We understand that hardworking, conscientious and compassionate team members are one of our most valuable assets and we are always looking for outstanding people to join our team.
Salem Health Hospitals and Clinics complies with the Oregon COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Healthcare Providers and Healthcare Staff in Healthcare Settings and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Omnibus COVID-19 Health Care Staff Vaccination Interim Final Rule. Every candidate who accepts a position with Salem Health will be required to furnish proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting employment ("Fully vaccinated" means having received both doses of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine, and at least 14 days have passed since the individual’s final dose of COVID-19 vaccine). Details can be found on the Oregon Health Authority site here .
Salem Health is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) employer. For additional details related to this program, please visit studentaid.gov
Your Role With Us:
You will make use of your exceptional customer service skills and strong “people skills” to assist customers in our various food service locations. The Cashiers will also be required to handle cash and credit transactions from Salem Health customers. In addition, they will assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steamtables. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations. As a cashier, you must accurately operate the cash register/POS and complete transactions. You will also provide support to the retail operation, including setup, maintaining supplies and products, and assisting in cleanup and closedown.
- Prepare a wide variety of coffee, espresso, and fruit drinks.
- Transact cash sales in a high volume retail operation.
- Follow recipes and portion accurately for optimal cost effectiveness.
- Follow established food safety guidelines and keep station clean
- Assists others in Nutrition Services as time permits.
- Strong multitasking
- Run basic end of shift cash register reports
- May maintain inventory, stock, and requisitions as well as complete assigned tasks from management every day.
- Ensure patient safety by following hand hygiene and departmental policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in food service or cashier. Barista experience preferred.
- Current Food Handlers Card or ServSafe Certification required within 30 days of hire.
We have many excellent opportunities available! To view all of our openings, please visit our career page at https://www.salemhealth.org/about/careersClosing: