We are an innovative leader in the industry and are seeking to find a high-performing individual to lead in a fast-paced environment. Your work will involve multiple vendors, contractors, businesses, as well as our own employees and manufacturing processes to ensure high-quality, on-time, within budget products for the end customers.
Provides support for various projects. Responsible for overseeing the successful completion of projects. Responsible for the creation, organization, execution and completion of specific projects. This includes coordinating with relevant employees, setting deadlines, communicating with owners about the state of the project, ensuring projects stay on track and on budget, and adjusting if necessary, to meet new requirements. Work under limited supervision. A great degree of creativity and latitude is required. Hands on and willing to give assistance where needed. Contract experience preferred.
- Job Title
- Project Coordinator
- Plant 6 sales / Production
- Report To
- Vice President of Sales
- Must be available for Day and some weekend shifts
- Wage Range
- Dependent Upon Experience
- May 1, 2023
• Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
• Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed
• Responds professionally and promptly to all customers’ requests.
• Forms solid partnership with employees and leaders to foster high levels of teamwork, development, and trust and performance companywide.
• Develop project plans that identify resource and budgetary needs.
• Host project meetings at least once a week with team and managers.
• Provide feedback, advice, project updates and encouragement to team members.
• Manage deadlines and push the team to ensure timeliness
• Coordinate with vendors and suppliers as needed.
• May participate in projects in support of company strategic goals.
• Makes recommendations for improvement in processes and policies.
• Works safely and without injury.
• Ability to read, write, verbalize and comprehend instructions and correspondence at the highest levels in the English language. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other skills. Excellent verbal and customer service skills.
• Must have mathematical skills equivalent to those required under degree requirement.
• Must be able to work with Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software: CAD, REVIT and/or Rhino, Personal computer, fax machine, copy machine, other office equipment
• Computer literacy in commonly used business software such as spreadsheets, word processing and database management required
• Open to learning contract negotiation including insurance requirements, warranty agreements, sub-contractor/material supplier arrangements, purchase orders and company terms and conditions.
• Able to coordinate shipping logistics with both Freres trucking department as well as outside shipping vendors including potential rail shipments.
Responsibilities are not limited to the above-mentioned and may include assisting other branches within reasonable and related tasks.
- Standing, Walking, Sitting, Lifting, Carrying, Balancing, Stooping, Reaching, Handling, Feeling, Communicating, Acuity-Far, Acuity-Near, Depth Perception, and Field of Vision.
- Must be able to work in an office environment as well as a shop environment and outside environments, both hot and cold, as job duties require. May be exposed to loud operating machinery, cold temperatures, chemicals, and vapors.
- Visual requirement including reading off a computer screen as well as printed and copied materials. A high degree of dexterity, as well as the ability for verbal and auditory skills are required due to frequent use of telephone console.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them for the position if the work is similar, related or a reasonable requirement of the position. Additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
• Understanding of the Project Management Institute (PMI) framework
• Knowledge of various project management methodologies (e.g., agile/scrum)
• Proven leadership skills
• Cost and risk management skills
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Ability to make important decisions under pressure
• Time management skills
• CEM (Construction Engineering Management) bachelor’s degree or three or more years of experience in a professional project management role.
• Three or more years’ experience administering multiple projects in the timber industry.
• Comprehensive knowledge of a manufacturing organization.
• Advanced and exceptional communication, customer services, and interpersonal skills.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
• Must be flexible and adaptable to changing roles and responsibilities.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage efficiently and effectively.
• Computer literacy in commonly used business software products such as spreadsheets, word processing and database management required.
• Experience with a variety of project management software.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers and visitors.
• Ability to effectively program-solve.
• Ability to facilitate activities necessary to a project’s completion.
We offer a highly competitive wage, PTO, health, dental, and life insurance, Short-term Disability, Section 125, 401K, Profit-sharing and Holiday Pay
Freres Engineered Wood Products, formerly Freres Lumber Co., Inc. was established in 1922 in the Santiam Canyon of Oregon. We are a family-owned and operated wood products manufacturing business headquartered in Lyons, Oregon. Now in its third generation, family management continues to build on the success of past generations.
We operate six processing plants, including a small log veneer plant, large log veneer plant, veneer drying facility, plywood plant, mass ply plant and stud mill in addition to having our own fleet of trucks and a cogeneration facility. We are dedicated to reinvesting in our modern manufacturing facilities, providing high-quality wood products, and providing family wage jobs within our communities. We specialize in creating the highest quality wood products, from raw log to finished products, including: hog fuel, bark fines, chips, shavings, specialty veneer, grade lumber, high-quality sheathing grade plywood, MPP and even electricity.
Our passion for continuous improvement aligned with our innovative approach to manufacturing has led us to develop and become the sole producer of a unique, patented wood product, the Mass Ply Panel. If you have growth mindset and a continuous-improvement attitude, you’re probably a great fit for our team!