We are an innovative leader in the industry and are seeking to find a high-performing individual to lead in a fast-paced environment. Your work will involve multiple vendors, contractors, businesses, as well as our own employees and manufacturing processes to ensure high-quality, on-time, within budget products for the end customers.
- Job Title
- Plant 6 sales / Production
- Report To
- Vice President of Sales
- Must be available for Day and some weekend shifts
- Wage Range
- Dependent Upon Experience
- May 1, 2023
|“Essential functions” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Initiates, establishes, develops and maintains positive business and client relationships
- Positive, effective communication with prospective clients via all mediums, including on-site visits to determine and evaluate client needs’, potential risks, relative costs, and conclude whether the company can complete the project with the given time frame and budget
- Assists in overseeing, analyzing and reviewing requirement documents, blueprints, specifications and project plans to gain a thorough understanding of the project
- Assists in the responsibility for Projects from End to End (sales inception to customer payment and shipment of goods)
- Assists in the coordination of project documentation and logistics from design through fabrication and project installation
- Assists in determining what factors of production will influence the cost of a product
- Prepares material and cost estimates for products, which includes labor costs/payroll costs
- Assists in and frequently manages all bids
- Uses bid data to prepare a detailed cost analysis
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner
- Assists in preparing and presenting estimates to management and other stakeholders
- Compiles, tracks, records actual costs
Responsibilities are not limited to the above-mentioned and may include assisting other branches within reasonable and related tasks.
|The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit/stand for most of his/her job duties. There is the need to frequently walk and sit. There will be some standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting and reaching for some of his/her job duties. The job requires working in varied elements, this includes outdoors, wet floors, changing temperatures (both hot and cold), and sometimes slippery conditions.
Visual requirements include reading off a computer screen as well as printed materials. A high degree of dexterity is required due to frequent use of a telephone console.
|Verbal and auditory requirements include the ability to communicate clearly over the telephone as well as in person.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them for the position if the work is similar, related or a reasonable requirement of the position. Additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, finance, accounting, engineering, statistics or another related field preferred; or 5 years of Estimating Work Experience
- CPE (Certified Professional Estimator) or AEP (Associate Estimating Professional) earned by ASPE (American Society of Professional Estimators) preferred but not required
- Proficiency in mathematics, statistics and data analysis
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and possess a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong and positive interpersonal skills
- Report writing and strategic planning skills
- Expertise with analytical tools, such as spreadsheets, databases, and other software
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze technical documents
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed.
- Familiar with design software such as CAD, REVIT and/or RHINO
- Computer literacy in commonly used business software products such as spreadsheets, word processing and database management required
|Health, Dental, Life, Short-term Disability, Section 125, Profit Sharing and 401 (K), Vacation and Holiday Pay
Freres Engineered Wood Products, formerly Freres Lumber Co., Inc. was established in 1922 in the Santiam Canyon of Oregon. We are a family-owned and operated wood products manufacturing business headquartered in Lyons, Oregon. Now in its third generation, family management continues to build on the success of past generations.
We operate six processing plants, including a small log veneer plant, large log veneer plant, veneer drying facility, plywood plant, mass ply plant and stud mill in addition to having our own fleet of trucks and a cogeneration facility. We are dedicated to reinvesting in our modern manufacturing facilities, providing high-quality wood products, and providing family wage jobs within our communities. We specialize in creating the highest quality wood products, from raw log to finished products, including: hog fuel, bark fines, chips, shavings, specialty veneer, grade lumber, high-quality sheathing grade plywood, MPP and even electricity.
Our passion for continuous improvement aligned with our innovative approach to manufacturing has led us to develop and become the sole producer of a unique, patented wood product, the Mass Ply Panel. If you have growth mindset and a continuous-improvement attitude, you’re probably a great fit for our team!