Santiam Teen Center
Hours: 25 – 32 hours per week, includes some eveningsPay: Up to $35,000 Annually. Pay commensurate with experience.
Benefits: The opportunity to work as part of a Christ-focused team with like-minded staff and volunteers. The ability to directly impact the lives of local teens in a positive and tangible way. On-going professional development opportunities.
Overview: The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
Specifically, the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of Santiam Teen Center business in accordance with the strategic plan, the annual operating budgets, and By-Laws as approved by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director leads, motivates, and inspires employees and volunteers to achieve the stated Mission and Vision objectives of Santiam Teen Center.
● Articulate a clear vision and direction for Santiam Teen Center, promotes mission and helps build support programs and initiatives
Leadership and Vision
● Promotes ethical practices and encourages individual integrity
● Involved in strategic planning process, manages implementation of strategy and monitors progress against organization goals
● Works to present achievable organization goals and expectations for approval of the Board of Directors
● Leads, motivates, and inspires Santiam Teen Center team to achieve the mission
● Fosters a supportive, accountable, and fun work environment
Management and Administration
● Oversees internal operating systems for finance, Human Resources, grant development, facilities maintenance, and other staff support functions
● Maintains business objectives within budget guidelines
● Provides leadership in developing appropriate organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff and oversees their implementation as authorized by the Board.
● Ensures all staff is trained, managed, educated and capable of fulfilling their assigned duties.
● Responsible for recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
● Ensures that the job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and behavior concerns are addressed
● Evaluate and project anticipated changes and provide necessary modifications to maintain organizational and program objectives
● Ensures staff and volunteer input in the development of new programs and long-term program plans, including training
● Works in the development of organizational infrastructure and implements interim solutions to challenges as Santiam Teen Center grows
● Delegates administrative responsibilities to appropriate staff
● Provide regular updates to the Board of Directors
● Oversee management of part-time employees and payroll
Public Relations and Donor Development
● Serves as a spokesperson for Santiam Teen Center in the community, by representing the program, priorities, and point of view of the organization
● Supervises and helps evaluate development and fundraising work
● Identifies and cultivates relationships with individual donors, foundations, religious and corporate organizations, and government funders. (
● Assists staff to write grants and funder reports in a consistent and timely manner.
● Manages external relations, including various forms of communication: website, newsletters, and various forms of media.
● Partners with volunteers and project staff to establish sound working relationships with community-based organizations
General Employment Requirements:
● Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
● Must pass criminal background check and drug test
● Maintains a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating top quality staff and volunteers.
● Administer the facilitation of all criminal checks and drug testing for paid employees
● Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the growth and development of youth
● Demonstrate good organizational and leaderships skills, with the ability to relate to wide variety of people in a non-judgmental positive and competent manner
● Attend monthly Board of Directors meeting
Specific Day-to-Day Description:
● AR/AP documentation and monthly time sheets to Board Treasurer
● Check and respond to email daily
● Keep all forms and records up to date and available
● Create and maintain a variety of monthly communication to all supporters, donors, volunteers, teens and families, and the Board of Directors via email and social media.
● Keep website www.santiamteencenter.org up to date and relevant.
● Learn and utilize the CRM to manage supporters, volunteers, and families.
● Oversee that all attending students have registration on file and is met with one on one to talk over the Neutral Zone and establish trust.
● Responsible for the implementation of all student events, activities, and parties.
● During open hours, invest in and engage students with conversation & activities.
● Manage and de-escalate problems with staff, students, and volunteers.
● Make sure the building is clean and secured appropriately at the end of the day.
● Oversee and support the Volunteer & Program Coordinator.
○ Help develop program schedule and support role of Volunteer & Program Coordinator by likewise engaging and recruiting potential volunteers
● Maintain open and regular communication with the Board of Directors
● Prepare monthly staff report and STC stats to present at Board Meeting
● Represent Santiam Teen Center at community engagements and speaking events to help communicate and expand awareness and reach of the STC.
Reports to: Board of Directors
To Apply Send Resume with Cover Letter to:
Santiam Teen Center
Attn: Board of Directors
2800 Kindle Way
Stayton, OR 97383