Electrician and PLC Technician
Electrician and PLC Technician
RedBuilt is hiring immediately for Electrician and PLC Technician at our Stayton, OR facility. We offer a safety-first work environment, opportunities for growth, and great benefits!
PLUS, earn an additional $2,000 during your first six months of employment!
Wage Range: $35.19 to $40.93 hourly – We pay to reflect your prior applicable work experience!
Industry Leading Benefits: 11 Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Health Benefits, 401k, PPE Reimbursement. See below for a FULL list of the benefits we offer!
- Monday through Friday (6:00am – 2:00pm) with overtime and occasional weekends
Don’t want to Apply Online? Stop by our office on Monday through Friday from 6:30am – 4:30pm PST. We’re located at 2345 Deschutes Drive, Stayton, OR and are excited to meet you!
An Electrician and PLC Technician’s typical day may include…
- Analyze machine operation and make appropriate process changes to improve safety, quality, production, and extend machine life.
- Maintain proper documentation as it relates to process changes and process control.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot various industrial electronic devices including but not limited to: variable frequency drives, motion control systems (TempoSonics Transducer, Encoder), PLC’s, Human Machine Interface (HMI), software systems and Instrumentation.
- Develop and maintain programs for PLC’s, HMI, and Motion Controllers.
What does RedBuilt do?
Our Stayton, OR manufacturing facility builds engineered wood joists, manufactures laminated veneer lumber (LVL), and assembles job packages for delivery direct to the construction site.
What do we look for in an Electrician and PLC Technician?
We are looking for full-time Electrician and PLC Technician with previous lumber and/or manufacturing experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications)
- Oregon state issues electrical license, 2 year (LME) or better.
- PJ (Plant Journeyman) or (General Journeyman) License (not required, but a plus!).
- Experience with LVL (laminated veneer lumber) or Lumber Industry (not required, but a plus!).
- Be able to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Prior training and experience with PLC programming and Instrumentation.
- Prior experience with HMI programming.
- Good analytical, problem-solving skills, computer, and math skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently.
- Ability to fill in spare time with mechanical or electrical repairs.
- Strong organizational skills, good planning, and time management abilities.
- 3-5 years manufacturing maintenance experience and a good mechanical background (Welding, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, and an overall understanding of power conveyor systems).
- High School Diploma or GED (not required, but a plus!).
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to frequently walk and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally bend, squat and/or stoop.
- Manual and finger dexterity as required to perform daily job duties.
- Frequently works near or around moving mechanical parts.
- Exposed to a high level of noise in the work environment.
- Exposed to airborne particles.
- Work environment: Wood processing, manufacturing operation.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, including variations in temperature and precipitation.
- Work in non-climate controlled environments.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Community Service
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- FSA/HSA Options
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Discretionary Profit Sharing
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Dependent Care Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- $2,000 Signing Bonus
- PPE Support: We provide our associates with all basic PPE required for the job. We also have a PPE reimbursement policy to support our associates with the cost of prescription safety glasses, custom molded hearing protection, and safety boots.
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Stayton, OR
RedBuilt is an equal opportunity employer.
Must take pre-employment drug test and a background check which includes criminal records to be considered for the position.
Please note that the job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the Electrician and PLC Technician role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.