Construct, install, repair, maintain, and troubleshoot industrial electrical systems. Coordinates work with plant mechanical maintenance crews. Troubleshoots, advises, designs, and implements plant solutions in coordination with plant management.
- Job Title
- Plywood and Veneer Manufacturing
- Report To
- Electrical Supervisor
- Eight to nine-hour shifts
- Wage Range
- $38.60 - $40.60
- April 5, 2021
- Installs, maintains and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus or equipment, replaces or repairs parts, detects and replaces defective control modules, tests and makes adjustments.
- Prepares wiring diagrams to record changes.
- Experience with Allen Bradley hardware and Contrologix programming a benefit.
Responsibilities are not limited to the above mentioned and may include assisting other branches with reasonable and related tasks.
Work in extreme temperatures, dusty and noisy conditions, work from heights, and in confined/restricted areas.
Shift work , six days per week, weekends, holidays and shut-downs.
Educational Requirements ; High School Graduate or GED
Experience Requirements : Some Mill experience
License : Limited Journeyman Manufacturing Plant (PJ)
Freres Lumber is willing to provide training to the right candidate.
Health, Dental, Life, Short-term Disability, Section 125, Profit Sharing and 401(K), Vacation and Holiday Pay
Freres Engineered Wood Products, formerly Freres Lumber Co., Inc. was established in 1922 in the Santiam Canyon of Oregon. We are a family-owned and operated wood products manufacturing business headquartered in Lyons, Oregon. Now in its third generation, family management continues to build on the success of past generations.
We operate six processing plants, including a small log veneer plant, large log veneer plant, veneer drying facility, plywood plant, mass ply plant and stud mill in addition to having our own fleet of trucks and a cogeneration facility. We are dedicated to reinvesting in our modern manufacturing facilities, providing high-quality wood products, and providing family wage jobs within our communities. We specialize in creating the highest quality wood products, from raw log to finished products, including: hog fuel, bark fines, chips, shavings, specialty veneer, grade lumber, high-quality sheathing grade plywood, MPP and even electricity.
Our passion for continuous improvement aligned with our innovative approach to manufacturing has led us to develop and become the sole producer of a unique, patented wood product, the Mass Ply Panel. If you have growth mindset and a continuous-improvement attitude, you’re probably a great fit for our team!