2020-21 Teacher: Special Education - SHS
North Santiam SD is actively engaged in PLC and the RTI model. Additional Compensation/benefits:
- $3,000 Sp Ed Stipend (annual) will be prorated
- 6% PERS paid by district in addition to salary.
- Contribution toward full family, medical/dental/vision.
- Tuition Reimbursement provisions.
- Excellent support and professional development opportunities for new hires.
Resource Room Program Description
- Requires Special Education, Generalist endorsement
- Requires current TSPC license and authorization level
POSITION GOAL: To provide instruction based on district curriculum that will allow students to realize their aptitudes and to reach their maximum potential. This position works with students on IEPs to help them meet goals set by the IEP team. The position involves teaching a variety of remedial core subjects in order to help students graduate, typically with a modified or extended diploma.
- Plan and implement a program of study following state and district goals/curriculum that meets the individual needs and development of students.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals; establish clear objectives for all instructional units, projects, and lessons to communicate these goals and objectives to students.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning with the resources provided by the District.
- Establish and clarify acceptable standards for student behavior and demonstrate effective classroom management skills.
- Diagnose the needs and abilities of assigned students and prescribe appropriate learning activities for each student.
- Effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with students, staff, parents and the public.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior.
- Be familiar with, and follow, established written standard operating procedures for specific responsibilities of this position.
- Other assignments appropriate to the general duties of certified staff as requested by the building principal.
- Conduct IEP evaluations and meetings for district students.
- Write accurate and appropriate individual programs for special education based on the educational needs of the identified student.
- Assist in implementing individual programs for special education based on the educational needs of the identified student.
- Assist in maintaining district compliance with special education law and administrative procedures.
- Participate in fulfilling responsibilities of the district special education team as a consultant to the regular education staff in matters of implementing IEP’s.
- Complete IEP’s, reports and other required data in a timely and efficient manner.
- Other assignments appropriate to the general duties of licensed staff as requested by administration.
North Santiam is a PBIS District
Positive Behavior Supports (PBIS) focuses efforts on creating an environment that supports the educational environment. PBIS schools use school-wide and classroom positive reinforcement to promote expected behavior, teach behavioral expectations like academic skills, and use data-based information to guide intervention and management.