- Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.