Position: Part-time (20 hours/week; competitive salary ($17/hour to $19/hour) depending on experience
Position Summary: Provides management of stewards (volunteers). Stewardship Coordinator will be the primary contact person for recruiting and managing groups of participants within parish ministries. The goal of the Coordinator will be to ensure ministries are always staffed for the fulfillment of our missions. The job requires the ability to communicate with people and have management skills to ensure the parish ministries are served. Position requires the coordination and scheduling of volunteers on an ongoing basis or organization of a single event. Position requires flexible hours with occasional weekends but has the ability to work from home or the Parish Office. Applicants must be able to provide their own cell phone and computer with reliable internet access. The Coordinator will report directly to the Pastor.
- Become familiar with the events, programs, and ministries of our parish and the volunteers they need. Meet and communicate with the leaders of each ministry to learn where there is help needed.
- Learn and become familiar with parishioners. Organize the directory with the proper contact information. Organize a database with the best contact information of each individual as well as everyone’s ability to participate. Repeat this process with any new parishioners.
- Educate the parishioners on the church’s different events, programs, and ministries. Publicize opportunities through announcements, bulletin, and online resources.
- Communicate with Regis St. Mary School and parents about events and participation. Explain what is expected from each family when receiving the pastor discount.
- Communicate and work alongside parish office staff
- Continue relationship to make sure the parish, ministries, school and parishioners needs are met in ongoing basis through face to face interaction, phone calls, email, text, & etc.
Communication / Client Contact: Contacts made with others both inside and outside the organization, either by telephone, email or in person. Contacts frequently contain confidential/sensitive matters necessitating discretion at all times. Contacts made by both supervisor’s request and on the employee’s own initiative.
- Highly motivated with positive attitude, self-directed, and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills for all types of personalities
- Strong Organizational skills
- Computer skills including email, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good standing Catholic
- High ethical standards: Ability to create trust and integrity with community, volunteers and co-workers
Please send resume to Burmah Martin at email@example.com to apply. Please call 503.769.2656 with any questions.