- A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- A commitment to the development of a Christian spirit and a Catholic community of faith within a school.
- A master’s degree, preferably in educational administration.
- A minimum of five years of teaching experience in Catholic schools preferred. Such experience should be sufficiently broad to provide an understanding of the Pre-K–8 or 9–12 structure and the potential to function as an educational leader in an elementary or secondary school.
- Hold an Oregon Administrator License or its equivalent from another state. [Candidates who do not hold an Oregon Administrator License or who cannot convert an out-of-state certificate to an Oregon Administrator License will be required to complete the requirements for certification and obtain an Oregon Administrator License within the first two years of employment.]
- Successful completion of the Department of Catholic Schools leadership program or a similar leadership program in another Roman Catholic diocese. In the event that a person is hired who has not completed such a program, he or she must begin and complete the program during the first year[s] as principal.
- Have leadership ability as evidenced by performance in educational assignments, i.e., have the capacity, enthusiasm, intelligence, and patience to inspire teachers, children, parents, clergy, and local school community leaders.
- Have completed the Archdiocesan application process.
1. ARCHDIOCESAN APPLICATION FORM
*The Application is a fillable PDF form. Be sure to download any updates to Adobe Reader DC first and save this file to your computer before adding your information in order to prevent data loss.2. Current resume
3. Copy of Oregon or out-of-state administrator license(s)
4. Transcripts showing Master’s degree and administrative license program - unofficial copies are acceptable; upon hire, official transcripts are required
5. A short essay on each of the following:
Reasons for interest in a principal position in the Archdiocese of Portland
IMMEDIATE PAST EMPLOYER;
TWO OTHER PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES.
Please submit application and supporting documents as PDF files.
When all materials have been received, the Department of Catholic Schools forwards a copy of the candidate’s file containing the application and recommendations to the local principal search committee(s).