High School Principal
This posting is for the 2019-20 school year.
North Santiam School District welcomes applications of qualified persons interested in the position of principal at Stayton High School. Selection procedures may include team interview, presentation to the community, and an individual task. The district may conduct a visit to the current job site of the top candidate prior to offering the job.
To serve as the educational leader and chief executive of the school and, as such, to be responsible for promoting the educational development of each student and the professional growth of the staff, operation of the school facilities, participation in staff and student activities and the establishment of effective community relations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability needed for the position.
- Masters Degree
- Appropriate Administrative License
- Experience in various aspects of school administration and other qualifications the board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective learning climate in the school
- Ability to interpret and implement all board policies, administrative regulations and negotiated agreements
- Ability to supervise all school personnel for the purpose of monitoring performance, providing for professional growth and achieving overall objectives of the school’s instructional program
- Ability to facilitate the development, revisions, and evaluation of the curriculum and instructional services
- Ability to develop school plans and organizational procedures for the health, safety, discipline, and conduct of students as established in district procedures
- Ability to prepare and manage the school budget
- Ability to serve as a liaison between the school and community, interpreting activities and policies of the school and encouraging community involvement with the school
- Ability to provide direction to others and to make independent judgments
- Ability to work harmoniously with others and to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with students, parents, teachers and the community
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate with individuals of varied cultural and educational backgrounds
- Ability to keep and maintain accurate records and to meet deadlines
- Perform physical requirements which may include:
- Moderate to extensive degree of physical and emotional stamina
- Frequent and prolonged standing, walking and sitting
- Ability to restrain students, respond and break up student fights, apprehend trespassers or student offenders
- Frequent and prolonged talking/hearing conversations
- Possess near/far visual acuity/depth perception
- Possible exposure to bodily fluids due to student injury and illnesses
- Such alternative to the above requirements as the School Board or the Administration may deem appropriate and acceptable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Supervise the licensed and classified staffs and be responsible for the recruiting, screening, hiring, training, assigning and the evaluation of the staff
- Facilitate communication between personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts
- Delegate authority to responsible personnel to assume responsibility for their assigned areas of supervision
- Manage school administrative functions (i.e. facility maintenance, budget, staffing, etc.) to maintain safe and efficient school operations within district guidelines
- Develop and evaluate the educational/instructional program to ensure conformance to state and school board standards
- Provide instructional leadership and guidance to improve high school programs.
- Identify and implement methods to improve and maintain improvement related to graduation rates.
- Work closely with Coordinator of College and Career Pathways to plan, maintain, and enhance dual credit, internships and apprenticeship opportunities for high school students through strong partnerships with local/regional industry and educational institutions.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality when dealing with student, staff and/or parent information
- Actively support and oversee the planning, promotion, and evaluation of the student leadership, activity, and athletic programs
- Initiate and plan in-service orientation and training of licensed and classified staffs, with special responsibility for staff administrative procedures and instructions
- Maintain high standards of student conduct and enforce discipline as necessary and in accordance with due process rights of students
- Process personnel actions, student disciplinary actions and/or related matters for the purpose of documenting such actions and being in compliance with district policies and administrative regulations
- Prepare various written documents (e.g. correspondence, reports, analyses, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information
- Represent the school within community forums for the purpose of maintaining ongoing community support for educational goals and/or assisting with issues related to school environment
- Keep abreast of changes and developments in the profession by attending professional meetings, reading professional journals and other publications, and discussing educational issues of mutual interest with other professionals in the field
- Participate in administrative meetings, negotiation meetings and other such meetings as required or appropriate
- Perform such other tasks (which may require knowledge of other job descriptions) as may seem to be appropriate to the Board or Administration
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, BONDING AND/OR TESTING REQUIRED:
- Appropriate Administrative License
- Possess a valid First Aid card if required
- Possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License
- Bloodborne Pathogens Training/Hepatitis B Shot Series Training
- 230-day contract
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Term life and long-term disability insurance
- Professional development program and tuition reimbursement
- North Santiam School District, unlike many districts, currently pays the 6% employee’s contribution portion of PERS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: The work calendar for this position is 230 days. Hours to be arranged, with a salary according to the current schedule.
EVALUATION: Following the probationary period, the performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of licensed personnel.
|Primary Location||STAYTON HIGH SCHOOL|
|Salary Range||$109,673.00 - $119,210.00 / Annual|
|Shift Type||Full Time|