Client Relations Assistant
Stayton Sublimity Chamber Of Commerce
About the job
We are looking to hire a Client Relations Assistant to join our team, as the first point of contact for members, potential clients and tourists to our Stayton Sublimity Chamber & Regional Visitor Center, as well being an assistant to Chamber CEO with daily Chamber operations. This is a part-time position with potential for additional responsibilities/growth.
Schedule: 15-25 hours per week. (3-5 days a week) Tuesday, Thursday, Friday required.
Pay: $16 - $20 per hour / DOE
Benefits: PTO, Sick Time, Paid Holidays.
- Our goal is to hire someone that enjoys tasks and people!
- Candidate should be able to greet customers with smile and have a desire to assist them by making recommendations and finding the information, resources and solutions to meet their needs.
- General office tasks include answering phones, sorting mail, creating invoices & processing payments, updating calendars and our local jobs board, basic data-entry and records retention.
- Candidate must be able to create emails and other correspondence.
- Candidate will be responsible for general housekeeping in our Visitor Center.
- Candidate will assist CEO/staff with Chamber meetings, programs and events.
- We are looking to hire an individual who is client & solution focused, detail-oriented, creative, friendly, willing and capable of learning new things.
- Candidate must be punctual and dependable, and exhibit a high level of personal integrity, professionalism and confidentiality. The person you are off-the-clock influences the reputation of our organization when you are on the clock.
- Candidate should be able to work independently with little supervision, and also be comfortable working as part of a team.
- Must have excellent communication skills and a willingness to share feedback with immediate supervisor.
- Familiarity with the local area and a willingness to expand that knowledge (tourism, events & attractions, local businesses) is a must!
- Candidate must be comfortable with computers, email, and social media.
- Job requires ability to lift up to 35 lbs and requires working two (2) Saturday annually (for Chamber event).
- We are a drug-free, smoke-free workplace.
We think that strong work ethic, good communication skills and a positive attitude are the most important factors for a candidate to be successful. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated. Industry specific skills and experience can be learned on the job.
We use the following in daily operations of our Chamber. Experience is not required. We will train. However, please let us know if you have experience (and your comfort level) with any of the following:
Microsoft Office | Outlook | Mac Computers | Social Media | Meta Business Suite | Constant Contact (or Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp) | Client Management software | Quickbooks | Canva | Square, Vanco, PayPal, or other payment processing | handling bank deposits | working with a Board of Directors | non-profit work | Chambers of Commerce | Legislative process | Marketing | Graphic design | Event management | Grant writing | Sales.
How to Apply:
Please make an appointment with Carmelle (503) 769-3464, to drop of resume, in-person, at 175 E High St. in Stayton OR
email resume & cover letter to: Carmelle@StaytonSublimityChamber.org.