Full Job Description
Position Summary / Purpose
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Process payroll on a weekly basis and monthly basis
- Input and/or upload and verify all payroll entries in the time keeping system including deductions, garnishments, earnings, gross ups, manual checks, terminations, adjustments and manual checks in the payroll system.
- Prepares computer input forms, enters data into computer files, or computes wages and deductions and posts to payroll records.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Ensure Year-End is closed properly and all processes are completed.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Prepares periodic payment requests for taxes and deductions.
- Conduct phone screenings.
- Post and remove jobs from job boards.
- Onboarding coordination.
- Respond to OR UI Inquiries
- Maintain HR Files
- Compile, input and verify any additional data to be included in the final payroll prior to processing of W-2s, and process W-2 corrections as appropriate.
- Prepares and issues pay to all employees through check and/or direct deposit for final signature and/or approval.
- Installs prevailing wage pay rate tables when applicable for projects awarded.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to client account inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Provide backup support to other accounting roles when needed
- Answer and field incoming phone calls.
- Work closely with Human Resources regarding inquires, issues and procedures affecting payroll and HR.
Working Relationships and Scope
- Provide support to other departments by assisting with development of presentations or other formal written materials, coordinate activities associated with organizing events conducted or sponsored by the company and assist with the development of new policies and procedures
- Provide first-level IT support to all areas of the company, troubleshooting hardware and software problems and other office equipment issues
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and regularly scheduled management meetings
- Oral Communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Effective in one-on-one, small and large group situations. Adaptable and able to think on his/her feet.
- Written Communication – Writes clear, precise, well organized letters, proposals and emails. The individual edits work for spelling and grammar and is able to read and interpret written information. Uses appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Team Building – Achieves cohesion and effective team spirit with peers and subordinates. Able to build a cohesive office staff balancing short-term and long-term needs Sustains a climate characterized by open, honest relationships where differences are constructively addressed rather than ignored, suppressed or denied.
- Planning & Organizing – Understands the strategic direction of the organization, understands the implications for the Administrative functions and fit with the other departments. Coordinates plans with other managers and executives.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Technology – the individual regularly uses standard word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software tools to enhance efficiency and accuracy of work performed and is capable of providing routine troubleshooting and user support for software and hardware used in the office environment.
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associates (2-year) degree in Accounting is preferred or minimum of 3 years of payroll/bookkeeping experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.50 - $22.50 per hour
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday