Care Coordinator – Primary Care
Salary$17.25 - $25.75, DOE
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is a drug-free workplace in accordance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 and an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.
How To Apply
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/Santiam/jobs/3314274/care-coordinator-primary-care?keywords=coordinator&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
- Come join our Primary Care Team at Santiam Hospital & Clinics. We are a 5-star rated Hospital and voted 2021’s Best of the Mid-Valley for Best Hospital, Best Place to Have a Baby, and Best Local Surgery Center!
We are seeking a Care Coordinator to enhance our healthcare team of innovated leaders.
Santiam Hospital & Clinics is an independent, not-for-profit, 40 bed acute-care community-based hospital with 13 clinics across 8 specialties settled in the foothills of the Cascades serving many recreational sites as well as agricultural communities. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date healthcare facility that is proud to serve our community and care for our friends and neighbors, ensuring the highest quality of care is delivered.
Santiam Hospital medical clinics have a network of 13 clinics across 8 specialties. We are an ever growing, progressive, up-to-date health care facility, who truly cares about their staff.
- Collaborate with clinic team members to optimize patient health and outcomes
- Coordinate continuity of patient care with patients and families following hospital discharge
- Participate in annual care visits by conducting comprehensive pre-visit planning
- Assist with between visit care / care management of chronic conditions supporting patient self-management of their disease
- Monitor care gaps and other quality metric programs, working to close gaps and submit documentation to insurance.
- Work with team to maintain Patient Centered Medical Home certification
- Participate in quality improvement projects
- Regular communication with providers regarding patient care both verbally and through the EMR
- Protect patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal, medical and financial information per HIPAA
- Current Medical Assistant Certification required
- 2 years’ experience as CMA in Family Practice or Internal Medicine required
- Experience in chronic disease management preferred
- Good rapport with seniors
- Comfortable with telephone communication with patients
- EMR experience required
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Detail oriented, adaptable to changing workflow, team player
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance with coverage effective on the 1st of the next month following start date.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts at the Cafeteria, On-site Pharmacy, Gift Shop, and Medical Care.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) & Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Annual PTO Cash-Out Program
- Hospital Incentive Program
- Bilingual Pay Differential Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance