ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
ROLE AND COMPANY DESCRIPTION
At Modern, you will have the ability to showcase your skills, learn new skills, push yourself while building a career, and become a part of a winning team with a company that is an innovative and respected leader in the modular building industry. We are looking for a candidate to join our team for a dynamic opportunity to recreate and implement a new comprehensive marketing approach.
Modern Building Systems has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist at our Aumsville, Oregon location. We are seeking a qualified candidate to grow with us and join our Accounting team.
Accounts Payable Specialist compiles and maintains accounts payable records by performing the following duties to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate financial and administrative operations.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Compensation starts at $18/hr, depending on experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all daily accounts payable functions;
- Completes all data entry of invoices and adjustments;
- Matches invoices to completed purchase orders;
- Draft and send business correspondence such as letters, memos, and reports accurately in a timely manner;
- Ability to organize tasks and work towards varying deadlines under pressure and shifting priorities;
- Skilled in operating and maintaining typical office equipment;
- Relieves and backs up receptionist on phone and front desk responsibilities;
- Backs up other accounting duties as necessary;
- Assist accounts receivable, customer invoicing, or deposit questions;
- Assists with special projects as necessary.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Modern takes great pride in producing high-quality buildings for our customers. We hire top candidates who want to build a respectable career and maintain consistency in their daily work. Experience in construction is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate who wants to grow and learn.
- A minimum of two years of accounting experience is required;
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Outlook, and Internet applications required;
- Mas 90 (sage 100) accounting software preferred;
- Highly detailed, organized, and able to follow a systematic method of performing a task;
- Excels in high volume and fast-paced environment;
- A positive approach to problem-solving;
- Willingness to learn and help where needed;
- Dependable and reliable;
- Self-motivated, proactive, and capable of prioritizing workload;
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks and demonstrating adaptability;
- Communicates effectively
- Clean Driving Record
- Construction accounting is preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Modern Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Modern Building Systems promotes a drug free workplace. We believe in sharing our knowledge, talents and creativity. Modern Building Systems values teamwork, challenges and positive attitudes.
Download the fillable PDF application below and email it to Human Resources OR fill out the online application. Please make sure to follow all instructions for submitting your application.